The Leslie Log House has been conserved as an example of early 19th century architecture and the lifestyle led by Mississauga’s pioneer settlers. It was built by Robert Leslie in 1826 on Mississauga Road, north of Derry Road.
The white cedar, story-and-a-half log home, measuring 26 by 36 feet, remained in the Leslie family for 100 years. In 1994 the building was moved to its current location at 4415 Mississauga Road and officially reopened to the public in 2011 in partnership with the Streetsville Historical Society (SHS).
Leslie Log House is home to the SHS’s rich archival and artifact collection. The main floor features exhibits of the SHS collection and offers educational programming by the Museums of Mississauga. The museum also includes a meeting room available for rentals.